For Silver Oaks
Transdisciplinary Interdisciplinary and Multidisciplinary design models for learning in Pre Primary, Primary Junior and Senior School. These models involve the 3 domains of learning, scientific and thinking skills, group learning, team teaching and concept oriented global content. Achieved curriculum alignment between IBPYP and NCF 2005 of India.
For Rural Development Foundation
Developed interdisciplinary curriculum for rural students which is also socially, geographically, culturally and economically relevant with focus on cognitive and action oriented learning. Nearly 1500 students learn through this curriculum.
Developed interdisciplinary curriculum for students of Prajwala schools which is also socially, geographically, culturally and economically relevant with focus on cognitive and action oriented learning. Nearly 800 students learn through this curriculum.
Developed teacher training modules in
· Thinking skills
· Language as an attitude
· Concept over content
· Teaching/learning strategies
· Assessment practices
· Goals of education
· Progressive pedagogy
· Enhanced content
Silver Oaks Centre for Research and Design in Cognitive Learning
Initiated research oriented pedagogy and started a research centre in the school.
Designed, tested and implemented models on reading & writing, student leadership, constructivism and critical thinking.
As a Presenter
CII : Invited by CII to give a presentation on ‘Affordable International Education’ at their National Conferences in 2010 at Mumbai and Chennai
E education summit: Invited by e education summit in 2010, 2012 and 2013 to moderate and present at their conferences in Delhi and Hyderabad
IIT Delhi : Invited by IIT Delhi to give a presentation on ‘ Leadership and Values’ at their 5th International Conference of Excellence in school eduction in 2013 at Delhi.
Panelist and Presenter at National Conference on Teaching Learning & Leadership April 2014 at Hyderabad
Panelist and Presenter at Education Thought Leaders conclave 2013 at Hyderabad
As a Writer – two books
Me and My Country – A book on value curriculum for the school
Mantras of Mahatma– A book on principles of Gandhiji and how they are followed in Silver Oaks. This was launched by HE Dr Hansraj Bharadwaj Governor of Karnataka on 4th Oct’13.
Perspectives on education system published in Times of India and the Student edition of Times of India, Brainfeed, Conference publications of RIE Mysore, IBO Asia Pacific and e World education summit.
Annual Operas – Written and directed shows
· Elements of nature – 2005
· Reinterpreted Pygmalion – 2006 & 07
· Winds of change – 2008 – On lessons from American, French and Russian revolutions
· Timeless legacies – 2009- Lessons from Indian history
· Mantras of mahatma – 2010 – 5 principles of Gandhi – swaraj, satyagraha, Swadharma, Sarvodaya and swades
· Story of a city A city called Hyderabad-2011- on the birth of Hyderabad and the controversy now with a message on need for harmony.
· Bioscope – 2012 – as Indian cinema celebrates 100 years, how from decade to decade it has evolved and reached a centre stage where the influence is changing the lifestyles of people.
· January 2014 Saga of Rivers A 3 hour dance drama on the Rivers Brahmaputra Ganga Godavari & Krishna
· January 2015- Whose India is it and What’s your Indian dream? A 3 hour presentation based on these two questions.
· October 2015- Virasat e Hyderabad on heritage of Hyderabad
In the contest led by Times of India to identify leaders from within the society in 2007, selected to be a leader out of 1000s of people.
As a Trekker
Trekked the trails of Srisailam forest area in 1997.
Trekked the 18 kms tough terrain of David Scott’s Trail between Shillong and Cherrapunjee 5 times between 2001 and 2003.
Hyderabad CBSE Schools’ Principals Meet 26th June’15- A workshop on “Tool kit for Principals”
Lucknow September 2015
Attended and moderated a session in the conference on Ed Leadership
Hyderabad September 2015
Attended and moderated a day long session on “Creating High Performance Schools – The Big Picture” at Hyderabad. Irmeli Halinen Head of National Curriculum Reform Finland and Dr Sunita Gandhi President of Council for Global Education.
December 2015 Allahabad
Received the prestigious ” Lokmanilal Lifetime Achievement Award” for excellence in education from Shri YV Chandrachur Chief Justice Allahabad high Court at Allahabad
February 2016 Hyderabad
Elected as the Secretary for Heads Forum of IB Schools in Southern and Eastern Regions India
On Print and Electronic Media and Youtube
On HMTV as a panelist
At various conferences